There are three little words that I dread to hear: “What’s for dinner?”
Followed closely by another three words: “Are you cooking?”
When your repertoire of family hits is limited, it gets a little tedious thinking of cooking dinner after a while. As much as I love to experiment with food, I also get sick of eating leftovers by myself.
So it was with some trepidation that I tried the following recipe because I have yet to find a white sauce pasta that the boys approve of. To my surprise, they loved it! Well, the two younger boys did. This was the reply I got from the oldest boy: “I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either.”
Well, two out of three is a majority so this one gets a place on the family recipe blog.
- Dolmio’s Pasta Bake Three Cheese Sauce
- 200g bacon, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 200g shell pasta, cooked (we used San Remo’s which takes 10 minutes to cook)
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Pan fry the bacon and mushrooms.
- Mix the bacon, mushrooms, cooked pasta and Dolmio cheese sauce together in an oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.