This was an experiment recipe that received such an overwhelming response (yes! Three thumbs up from all three boys!) that I had to make a note of it here. The original recipe was from Healthy Chinese Recipes.
What can I say? I love the easy ones that bring rave reviews. I had no idea it was going to be so well received that I didn’t bother to take a picture until it was nearly all gone. This was all that was left for me to capture at the end…
- Chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- dash pepper
- Line an oven tray with foil (leave an excess at both ends so you can fold them over to cover the chicken).
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix ingredients together and marinate the chicken drumsticks for 30 minutes.
- Lay the drumsticks onto the tray and drizzle the excess marinade over them.
- Cover the chicken with the excess foil and place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Open the foil cover and continue roasting for another 15 minutes or until the juice comes out clear when you stick a knife into the chicken.