Slow Cooker recipes are always good to have around for those days when you know you’re going to be rushed for time after school. You can set it and forget it earlier in the day before the chaos (i.e. while the kids are still in school) and dinner will be ready when everyone comes home.
This recipe is a safe one for the boys because we don’t stray too far from flavours they know and like. Though they grumble about the veggies, at least they eat them. Sometimes I think they grumble only because they feel they have to or I might start to think I can get away with feeding them any kind of vegetable.
- Chicken Maryland
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Place chicken, onion, zucchini and corn into the slow cooker pot.
- Mixed everything else together in a bowl and add to the slow cooker pot.
- Set to cook on high for 2 hours or auto if you’re putting it on earlier in the day and heading out.