Not exactly my boys’ favourite recipe – although they did enjoy it until I ruined it when I used a different base sauce – but the hubs and I do enjoy a bolognese pasta every now and then… I don’t really know how authentic this flavour is but then they say the best flavours are the ones that remind you of your own mother’s cooking and this is about as close as I can get to my Mum’s Bolognese sauce – easy style, of course! I kid you not – it really doesn’t get easier than this.
I’m sorry I don’t have a picture – I’ll add one in the next time I cook this recipe – but it isn’t hard to imagine what Spaghetti Bolognese looks like so you aren’t really missing much anyway.
We use Dolmio Extra Tomato, Onion and Roast Garlic as the base sauce because it has to be this one. I thought I could get away with it by buying the next closest variant but it backfired on me in the worst way possible. Who would have thought my kids could actually tell the difference? I certainly didn’t notice.
- 1 can of tinned chicken soup – we use Campbell’s
- 500g jar of Dolmio’s Tomato, Onion and Roast Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 500g mince beef, or a mix of chicken and beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- spaghetti No. 5 pasta, cooked al dente – we use San Remo
- Heat up the oil in a pot.
- Lightly stir fry the onions.
- Add mince meat.
- Pour in Dolmio pasta sauce.
- Add chicken soup.
- Pour over pasta and serve.
- You can add a sprinkling of oregano on top of your pasta just before serving if you like – we usually omit it because DH doesn’t like oregano.
- You can also add in some grated cheese (a nice blend of tasty and parmesan goes really well) just as you serve it so that the cheese melts in the heat of the pasta sauce.