“Bee Koh” is another item on the list for our Chinese New Year festivities. It is basically just sticky glutinous rice pudding with sugar, pandan and coconut milk.
Here’s how it’s made…
- 1kg glutinous rice
- Santan from 1 coconut
- 3-5 pandan leaves
- 400g sugar
- Soak glutinous rice overnight. Steam for 1 hour.
- In a wok, add sugar with some water and stir over medium heat until sugar is mostly dissolved. Add santan and pandan leaves. Stir over medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Add glutinous rice. Mix well.
- Return to heat and continuously fold the rice until the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Remove from heat. Remove pandan leaves.
- Scoop the rice onto a plate or into a bowl and mould the rice cakes by hand, packing them well so there are no air spaces inside.
- Decorate the top with goji berries.