With the air being so crappy, making sure the children are consuming their nutrients has been high on the priority list so I’ve been trying to perfect a few fruit/veggie juice concoctions that will pass the palates of both boys and here’s one that seems to work well…
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 apples
- 2 oranges
- 5 strawberries
- 1 handful of blueberries – sorry, I can’t be more accurate than that
- 6 blackberries
- 1 banana
- a squirt of honey (we keep it in the squeezy bottles for convenience)
- 250ml yoghurt
Immune System Boosters
Eat more fruits and vegetables, which are rich in nutrients like vitamins C and E, plus beta-carotene and zinc. Go for a wide variety of brightly colored fruits and vegetables, including berries, citrus fruits, kiwi, apples, red grapes, kale, onions, spinach, sweet potatoes, and carrots. – WebMD
Nuts, lean beef, dark chocolate, blueberries, fish, wholegrains, beans, leafy greens. – Boosting Brain Power
- Apples contain quercetin which is an antioxidant plant chemical that keeps your mental juices flowing by protecting your brain cells. Make sure to eat your apples with their skin because that’s where most of the quertin is located.
According to researchers at Cornell University, quercetin defends your brain cells from free radical attacks which can damage the outer lining of delicate neurons and eventually lead to cognitive decline. – CNN
- Blackberries provide potent antioxidants known as polyphenols that zap inflammation and encourage communication between neurons which help us learn new information.
- Spinach is packed with nutrients that prevent dementia like folate, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
“eating three servings of leafy green, yellow and cruciferous vegetables a day can delay cognitive decline by 40 percent.” – CNN
Put all ingredients into a high-powered blender (like the Vitamix) and blend together for at least a minute.