If you’re really limited with time constraints, Seven by Perigee is a great workout app to have. The app prescribes the 7 Minute Scientific Workout which, like Tabata, has become a quick hit with busy individuals who want a quick, effective workout that you can do just about anywhere. If you search for it, you will find loads of apps for the 7 Minute Scientific Workout. What I found interesting about Seven is that it is an app designed to keep you faithful to the workout. It’s like the Seven Minute Workout “gamefied”.
Complete a daily workout of 7 minutes for the next 7 months.
How it Works
Doing the same workout repeatedly can get boring. The app cleverly encourages consistent participation by offering rewards for completing milestones:
- Challenge accepted – starting your first workout
- Hat-Trick – working out 3 days in a row
- Intense Week – working out 7 days in a row
- Is this a Challenge? – working out every day for 2 weeks
- 1 Month Down – working out every day for a month
- This Quarter is Looking Good – working out every day for 3 months
- Creating a Habit – staying on the challenge for 3 months
- So Close I Can Taste It – staying on the challenge for 6 months
- 7 Month Champion – completing the 7 month challenge
- There is No 7 Months Goal – going on for 12 months
- Going Athlete – finishing two rounds of the 7 m
There are more rewards but I think you get the idea.
You also get three hearts or “lives”. If you miss a day, you can use a heart so you don’t have to start all over. Use up three hearts and you’re out. Miss less than three workouts in a month and you can get a heart back.
About the App
Seven by Perigee is a free app. Download it now.
I was on the workout for three days when I sustained injury to my knees – unrelated to this app – so now we are out for the count. I plan to start again when my knees heal. Let’s see how far I get…