I recently tried the recipe below and I reckon it takes a pretty perceptive palate to taste the carrots and celery. Raw carrots and celery are two veggies I find particularly hard to consume but I’d happily drink this anytime, anywhere. Compared to the recipes from The Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious, I reckon you’ll get in a lot more veggies per serve in a smoothie. Throw in some power fruits and you’ve got a pretty potent nutrient cocktail.
So what’s in it?
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 whole carrot, peel and ends removed
- 100 grams of blackberries
- 1 medium orange, peel removed
- 1 tbsp honey dissolved in a 100ml of hot water and cooled with 8 ice cubes
- 200 grams of mango yoghurt (I used Emmi)
- 2 scoops of Bulla Wildberry frozen yogurt
Throw everything into a high power blender, like a Vitamix, and blend it into a liquid. This recipe makes roughly enough for 3 IKEA glass tumblers (plus a little bit more – depending on the size of your fruits and veggies).
And that is how your sneak veggies into your child’s diet…