I don’t know why they call this ABC Soup, but it’s been one of my favourites since I was a kid. I suspect nearly every Chinese family must make this soup. I reckon it’s also probably of the easiest soups to make. Ordinarily made with pork, I used a chicken carcass for the stock base. I still think it tastes just as good.
- 1 chicken carcass
- 2 Potatoes, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp concentrated chicken stock
- Fill a pot with water up to the half-way mark and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add chicken carcass and bring to the boil. Scoop away the frothy bits to make a clear soup.
- Add carrots, potatoes and onion.
- Boil until carrots and potatoes are soft, and onion has disintegrated.